Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 12: Getting Back to Normal...

....Meaning, the Tricaricos are coming back tomorrow! Once they're here we'll have the whole Mission here, intact, for at least a few months. I'm excited to be teaching Geography and Omnibus II to Jamie and Josh, and of course getting back into the barbeque and bocce Saturday night routine.

It'll be so great to have this place humming at full capacity again, and I'm ready to jump into Omnibus (a Great Books course). We're studying early church history and the medieval period, which I LOVE, so I'm super psyched about this. I'm not ashamed to admit that I read the Great Books for fun (I was working my way through Plato and the Greek tragedies when I was working as a nanny in Rochester), and I really love ancient/medieval history, so this is right up my alley. Last year I was a bit out of my comfort zone teaching modern literature and history, but I feel totally confident with the material we're going to be covering this semester. First off, The Church History by Eusebius. Epic.


No comments:

Post a Comment