Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life Update :)

I've been negligent lately. I'm facing serious writer's block, and thinking about making some changes to the way I blog. But in the meantime, for those of you who diligently check this page and are constantly disappointed (what awesome friends you are!) here's a short life update.

I'm settled in at home with my parents and my huge American cats in Fairport, NY. I really do like our little town on the Erie Canal. It's a 20-30 minute walk from my house down the canal path into the village, where there's shopping, restaurants, a library, and a couple nice coffee shops. Plus, it's just beautiful on the canal. I'm always telling my parents we should get kayaks or something, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe someday.

I've been blessed with plenty of short-term work so far! My first full week back I did three nights of overnight babysitting and some daytime sitting, which went fine. Now I'm helping with house remodeling/post-remodeling clean up (sheet rock dust!!) for a family in my church. Stephen and Terri have always been so helpful in either giving me work, or helping me to find work. THANK YOU! I'll be working with Terri on the house for at least two more weeks. I've also had several people contact me already for regular babysitting work, so I'm booked up. It's a good feeling!

It's been wonderful to be back with my church family again. I missed them so much. I really have a wonderful family at church -- they are so encouraging and supportive. I missed my girls! I tend to hang out with the teenagers at church, which is fun. It's cool to see the kids I used to take care of now taking the SATs, doing high school sports, thinking about college or careers. And of course, I missed the babies at church. There are a LOT of them!

I'm looking forward to spending a week and a half in California at the end of May. My grandma is turning 90, so mom, David and Christi and I will go up to Fresno to celebrate with her. Unfortunately dad can't get off work, so he's gotta hold down the fort in Rochester. I love visiting California, and I'm glad I have so many relatives over there so I've got an excuse to go there every couple years! We'll spend a couple days in LA with David, then go up to Fresno for the rest of the trip. Looking forward to a tour of Paramount Studios, some hiking ("death marches" as we so lovingly refer to them) and seeing my Karamoja roommate Erika in San Diego!

Keep in touch!
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment