Tuesday, May 15, 2012

End of the year girls' party -  Maria Tricarico, Kipsy Wright, me, Erika Bulthuis, Anna Wright and Mary Wright. I love these ladies a lot :)

James and Stacey (Kamam) Kyalo, our little Kenyan friends. They're both 4 years old. The Kyalos invited me and Erika over for dinner on Kamam's birthday, and Erika made her a lovely birthday cake. You can see from this picture that they're adorable, but they're trouble! I'm REALLY looking forward to working out some kind of real school schedule with them next year - hoping to go down three times a week to work on their English, and probably help James with some math and science too. And they'll teach me some Kiswahili along the way -- right now all I know is kisu (knife I think?), mbiti (tree), mesa (table), asante sana... yeah I need to work on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment