Friday, October 7, 2011

RPTS?

I found out a few days ago that as an RP Missions veteran, I get half off tuition at the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary. (!!!)

I would love to get the Missionary Certificate (one year, 45 credit hours). The question is, is it worth the roughly $7,000 it would cost to get this certificate... and whether to do this before or after my plan to teach in Korea. Part of me thinks maybe I should do this first, get all my loans under my belt, THEN jet off to Korea to pay my loans off. That way, once I'm done with Korea I can go to the mission field as soon as a door opens. Seminary classes would also prepare me well for the missions opportunities and tentmaker ministry I will have in South Korea. More decisions! More to pray about! Any advice?

This past week has really encouraged me and confirmed (as much as is possible on this side of the field) that this idea of long-term missions is not really so far fetched for me. With such supportive believers around me, at home in Rochester and here in Western PA, it's far less daunting.

What I'm really learning is that the Lord gives us the grace for each situation as it comes. He doesn't promise to prepare me NOW for everything I'll face and every decision I'll have to make, but I know that when the time comes He will draw near to me and not leave me on my own to follow Him in my own strength. No, He will provide both the path and the strength to follow it. His mercies truly are new every morning, to meet the new challenges each day brings. I hope you feel the comfort of this promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment