Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Last Day in Americaland

This past week and a half in Pennsylvania have truly been a blessing.

I got to witness one of my best friends get married (though as the Baby Wrangler I didn't actually hear too much of the ceremony!).

 I got to spend several wonderful afternoons of good conversation and a beautiful walk at Brady's Run with Brenda and Stephen.

On Sunday I was able to see family and friends again and worship at both the First RP and College Hill RP churches (and the McChesney kids taught me to make some pretty fancy paper airplanes...). Elaine Tweed feasted us and Meg Morton made me laugh SO MUCH.

I played Bananagrams and watched loads of episodes of Community with Jenny and Jason. (hey, Jason -- Careless Whispers)

I had so much baby time -- Peyton Halstead, Wade McCracken and James Curran are unbelievably cute!

 I splurged on the Canaan Conquest (twice!) at Beaver Falls Coffee and Tea Co. (milk and honey, cinnamon, espresso... amazing).

I went to the Pittsburgh Strip District, bought loads of trail mix and saw some headless chickens hanging from a ceiling.

I got a Kindle as a gift from a certain amazing person (*cough*Filbert*cough*).

And I even managed to get some work done in the midst of all this amazingness.

My flight leaves Pittsburgh at 12:30 tomorrow (Wednesday) and I'll arrive in Uganda at 9:45 Thursday night (which would be 2:45PM EST).

For those who have asked, you can still email me at emilygpihl@gmail.com, comment on this blog, facebook me or write me some good ol' fashioned snail mail. Letters and small, flat packages generally arrive in two weeks. My address in Uganda will be:

PO Box 1307
Mbale, Uganda
East Africa

Much love to all my friends and family. Next time I write will most likely be from the other side of the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment