Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My bandamate Erika is flying out in just a few days! Please pray that she'll have a safe, uneventful trip and that she'll settle in well. She has a blog that she's used since her three month trip to Karamoja earlier this year - check it out if you want to learn more about the missionaries and see some great pictures and videos.

Checking off the to-do list this week:
Applied for life insurance. They have to come to my house next week and draw blood :( Of course, every time I complain about ANYTHING around here these days, everyone just says, "you're going to Africa, so toughen up!" I still don't like getting my blood drawn.

Setting up my appointment to get malaria pills (I think I'm going with mefloquine this time) and my Hep A #2... hopefully I won't need too many shots besides that.

Sending out my next batch of support letters. I've raised over 1/3 of my support, and I'm still saving like crazy to cover my college loans while I'm gone. THANK YOU to those of you who have supported me financially! I can't thank you enough.


Here's a map of Uganda, and that pretty red dot is (roughly) the location of Namalu. So, to those who have inquired, YES, I will be in the middle of nowhere :)


But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,  he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,  whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,  so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.  Titus 3:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment