Friday, August 26, 2011

Accepted.

This afternoon I got the official email from the OPC mission board appointing me as a Missionary Associate. I guess I've done things a bit out of order - I've already booked my flights and bought my traveler's insurance. I guess I was just trusting the Lord that they would accept me... and if they'd said no, I guess I would have spent seven months hangin' in Kampala, or maybe tried to beg and plead my way into the Cush4Christ team for a while! In any case, I'm so thankful that this is settled and the Lord has clearly opened the door for me to go.

Another milestone for me today - I got my driver's license. Yes, I was license-less at 23. Pathetic. But I passed my road test today with no problems. So glad that's over with! Hopefully I won't have to parallel park again for a very, very long time :) According to the kids I nanny, inability to drive meant I was NOT a grownup. Now I'm "all growed up for real."

Now to catch up on all the things I've been neglecting in pursuit of the Perfect Parallel Park...

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment