Sunday, August 11, 2013

Then life threw me a curveball....

I haven't written on here in quite a while, mainly because I've been so busy and, more recently, out of sheer confusion as I try to figure out my future plans.

A few of you have heard that I've made the difficult decision not to return to Uganda this fall. There are many reasons for this, mainly financial. A lot of different difficulties have transpired which led me to a decision to stay home and work for at least a year, so I can put more than the minimum towards my student loan payments.

I love Karamoja and I've left a piece of my heart there. I want to get back there as soon as I can, but I know it will be at least one year before I return to my home-away-from-home. I'm so thankful for the many, many people who counseled and encouraged me as I had to make this really tough decision.

Please pray for me as I seek God's will for this next phase of my life -- which may involve teaching English in South Korea or looking for a job in the States. I haven't been in the job-hunting world in a long time and it's pretty overwhelming!

I will probably give this blog a rest unless/until I find myself overseas again...hopefully it won't be too long!

Love in Christ,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment