Thursday, April 18, 2013

Picture Time!

I teach kindergarten to these little troublemakers for about an hour on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. They all come to my banda. On this rainy day, after tramping from the clinic to my place in the rain and mud, they decided to cuddle up under a blanket for school. (Left to right: Stacey Kyalo, Jacob Okken, James Kyalo)


Sunshine Okken ran across this puff adder on the path behind my banda a few weeks ago. It was just a bit longer than my flip flop, but don't let their small size deceive you - these things are very dangerous (erono jik!). Thankfully our guard Papa Lokwii came to the rescue right away and gave it a good sound beating, then chucked it into the trees.




Dressed up in our Karimojong finest for a wedding we attended earlier this year. COLOR. BEADS. BANGLES. MORE COLORS. CLASHING COLORS. They love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment