Saturday, December 10, 2011

RP Missions Countdown

I am so thankful for the way the Lord has blessed me through my RP Missions trips. Not only have I fostered wonderful friendships and had some truly once in a lifetime experiences during my trips to White Lake Covenanter Camp, Airdrie and Inverness, Scotland, and Karamoja, Uganda -- I've also learned so much about myself. I've learned that the Lord has given me particular gifts that can be used in His kingdom, and that I should not be afraid to seek a way to use those gifts for His glory. I know that it's no accident that God has given me a desire to work with children. He has been growing my abilities in this area for as long as I can remember. God opened my eyes to the idea that this love for children is not restricted to comfy middle class American kids -- this particular gift has opened the door for me to work practically anywhere in the world. Through RP Missions, I've discovered, wadio wadio (slowly slowly!), that surrendering your life to the Lord isn't scary, and it's not a sacrifice. It's an immense blessing. My life is more fulfilling and exciting than anything I ever could have planned for myself -- God has been leading me to a wonderful (not necessarily easy, but joyful) life of ministry.

I am so indebted to RP Missions for helping me through the baby steps of missions. Now I'm beginning to crawl, I guess... but I'm still a baby here on the field. I still need guidance and help. So far, I've been blessed by wonderful counsel and encouragement along the way.

There are others who have already gone through these baby steps, and now they're walking. They're running. They're out in the fields, reaping the harvest of souls that the Lord has prepared for them. But they can't do it alone.

RPM&M (Missions and Ministries) recently announced that there is a $50,000 deficit in their budget that needs to be met by January 1st. I have given to RP Missions in the past (very little, but whatever I could spare). Now I'd like to ask all my friends and family to consider giving just $10 to RP Missions to help them meet their goal. What is $10? One less strand of Christmas lights and one less Christmas-y frappacino at the mall? If $10 were given to RP Missions for every person who has viewed my blog, they could put another person like me on the field for six months; they could pay for the Cush4Christ team's Christian Education program -- twice! It's a small sacrifice with an eternal reward.

Visit this site to learn more about what RP Missions has in store for next year, and how you can help them meet their New Years goal. Only 21 days left!

In Christ,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment