Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Airplane pictures :)



I LOVED having a daytime flight from Brussels to Uganda. We were flying over the Sahara for at least two hours... here are a couple shots of the desert. Didn't turn as well as I'd hoped... but still, kinda cool to see the shadows on the sand. If you look very very carefully in the top picture, you can see a trail through the sands... from the plane I could even see some white tents pitched in the middle of nowhere. I cannot even fathom living in such a place. It goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....


And here's my little Rwandan buddy :) There were two others, including a chubby little waddling baby girl, but I couldn't get a picture of them. We played a lot and since they didn't speak English, I got to brush off my college French and communicate in the most basic way with them. Dr. Leon never would have guessed I'd be using my French here of all places! Little kid French accents are the beeessst. I'm so glad I had that empty seat beside me on the plane so they could visit me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment